Digital Foodie is a global software company specialized in the retail business. We have created a Connected Commerce platform that is provided with a SaaS model to retailers to run their operations online. We employ industry experts and technology specialists in Helsinki, Montreal, San Francisco and Tallinn. We work closely with our retail customers to support their growth.
We are growing and looking for a Mobile Developer. Right now, we are re-architecting our software platform to support our growing and evolving business. As a member of our team, your main responsibilities are to develop, maintain and innovate on consumer applications to ensure a reliable, robust and highly scalable platform.
Your main responsibilities will be to work on our Android or iOS (depending on your skills and interests) product development and deployments. In Android development your work mainly consists of software development with Java, native UI design and code review following an agile development process. If you want to focus on iOS development, your work consists mainly of software development with Swift and Objective-C, native UI design and code review following an agile development process
You will be working closely with experienced software engineers.
We are looking for:
- A talented, passionate and resourceful mobile engineer who wants to build meaningful apps using the latest tools, technologies and APIs
- Proficiency in Java and object-oriented design or proficiency in Swift, Objective-C and iOS frameworks
- Familiarity with the Android SDK and Android Studio/Eclipse or with the iOS devices and XCode IDE
- Systematic thinking, persistence and team spirit
We also appreciate:
- Design-minded attention to user interface implementation
- Experience in developing Android native apps or iPhone or iPad apps; hobby or otherwise
- Knowledge of iOS or Windows Phone programming
- Understanding of client-server architecture
Why join us?
- You will get a fun and interesting work in a steady growth company
- You will have a chance to participate in development of world class consumer service
- You get to work with industry experts
- You will get to work with industry experts in an innovative environment and learn from the best
- The low-hierarchy environment enables everyone to have a chance to impact on things and bring own ideas to the table
- We have an easy-going and flexible working environment
Sounds good, right? Drop your CV and short cover letter here as soon as possible but by latest on Thursday 18th October. Also, we are very interested in your own projects – please don’t hesitate to show us even a small sample of your code (for example link your GitHub/ Stackoverflow-profile or own project portfolio to your application documents).
Notice that we will proceed with the most promising candidates right away, so act fast!