Data Engineer, Montreal
A little bit about us
Digital Foodie is a software company specialized in the grocery business and the creator of award-winning Foodie.fm platform. We employ grocery industry experts and technology specialists in four locations and work closely with supermarket chains and local stores in several countries helping them to grow their business. In addition to a world-class online grocery platform, we help our customers with product photography and data capturing, business and marketing planning, process optimization and store training.
What you’ll be doing
- Build and maintain data between customer data sources and Foodie services
- Help content team automate image modification processes
- Work with backend team to maintain the backend systems powering the Foodie services
We are looking for a candidate who
- Loves to solve issues and work with real customers and data
- Loves to automate things
- Has experience with one or more modern scripting languages (like Ruby or Python)
- Has experience with relational or non-relational databases (like PostgreSQL or MongoDB)
- Has good communication skills
- Would like work in a role from where to learn and evolve further
You get bonus points if you
- Have experience with cloud infrastructure (like AWS)
- Ability and willingness to learn and improve your craft
- Fluent English communication skills
- Real-world software development experience in any modern language
- Experience with (relational) databases
Bonus points for familiarity with any of the technologies we use, experience in web services development, and for knowledge in cloud infrastructures. Extra bonus points for being passionate about personal software projects.
What we offer
- A chance to work in an inspiring and steady-growing company that is enabling us to plan and buy the food we eat everyday
- A chance to lead the expansion of world class grocery retail service
- Fun and interesting work in a growing company
- Work with industry experts in an innovative and international environment
You will be working in Montreal, Canada.
Please send your application including your CV and salary request to email@example.com.
Any github commits or links to code you’ve written would be very much appreciated. The position will be filled as soon as possible. Regarding possible further information at this phase please send a call request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are treated with confidentiality.