A little bit about us
Digital Foodie is a software company specialized in the grocery business and the creator of the award-winning Foodie.fm platform. We employ grocery industry experts and technology specialists in five locations, working closely with supermarket chains and local stores in several countries and helping them to grow their business. In Finland, we’ve built the engine behind Kauppakassi.fi grocery service with over 1 million users. In addition to a world-class online grocery platform, we help our customers with product photography and data capture, business and marketing planning, process optimization and store training. Digital Foodie offers you a truly interesting job in a fast growing, international company.
What we do at Foodie Backend
Our day-to-day work at the backend team consists of
- Developing and maintaining the APIs and data stores on top of which all our products are built
- Building and maintaining interfaces to external services and data sources according to customer requirements and
- Administering our clusters of Linux server instances in Amazon AWS environment
Our core set of tools and technologies includes Ruby, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, AWS, Docker and Kubernetes.
Who are we looking for
We are looking for someone with an ability and interest for developing practical, real world solutions and production ready code. You must be willing to get your hands dirty and able to learn new tools and technologies with the help of the rest of our backend team. In addition, you must
- Have proven work experience with Ruby and one or more modern programming languages.
- Have experience with (relational) databases
- Have fluent English communication skills
- Understand the importance of good engineering practices such that you are test-driven (Rspec, Capybara), quality-minded (code reviews and pair programming) and put emphasis on agile development (Kanban, Scrum) and well established design principles and patterns.
What do we offer
- Fun and interesting work in an inspiring and steady-growing company that is enabling us to plan and buy our daily groceries
- An opportunity to lead the expansion of world class grocery retail service together with industry experts in a forward-thinking and international environment
You will be working at Foodie’s headquarter in Sörnäinen, Helsinki.
How to apply
Send your CV and application along with salary request to email@example.com. All applications are treated with confidentiality.